I thought I might add this one in as a little bonus. I know all too often we are busy detoxing our bodies from everything toxic but most of the time, we need to do our lives as well. It can be little things in the way of giving our desk a detox, or even a big way of cutting people out of our lives that might be bogging us down.
You will be extremely surprised to find that when you’ve done this, you will feel a huge weight lifted off your shoulders and chest. I even found my asthma has gotten a million times better after doing a couple of the things listed. It’s crazy too how so many doors are opening and I am stumbling onto things I have wanted to do for ages – become a health coach!
What I detoxed:
1. Clothes: Donate stuff in great condition that you don’t need anymore. Practice gratitude by showing the universe that you are grateful for all that you have and you don’t mind giving to others a little of all the good you have. You will be surprised to find that you are rewarded by the universe 10 fold. I threw out stuff that was in poor condition and gave away clothes that I thought would be perfect for some loved ones in my life.
2. Rubbish: Bin that crap! I don’t know about you, but I hoard like no tomorrow. Random business cards, packets of well, who really knows. But I’ll hoard it! Storing rubbish is suffocating. I grab some bags – one plastic, one brown paper. I simply place all my paper/cardboard items in the brown paper bag and all of the rubbish in the plastic one. I think recycling is important, so I make sure to do this when possible.
3. My inbox: I deleted til it hurt. Well, at least my finger did. I receive about 100 emails per day. Numerous things like Pilates DVD orders, class bookings, blogs I subscribe too and the dreaded junk mail. Some I welcome, most I loathe. I also find I usually have my lazy pants on and I don’t delete daily. It took me 3 or so hours to go through my 8 email accounts and delete all of the emails that gave me a headache. I made sure that the ones I was constantly deleting that I unsubscribed from. I find now I open my emails with a smile and everything I see is of utmost importance – like the Oroton sale!
4. People: Cut ties and remember in life, you matter. If someone is pulling you down, cut them loose. I mean this in all aspects of your life too! If you have them on Facebook – unfriend + block. How easy is that. If only it was that easy to avoid people who caused you misery in life I am sure we would all be happier people. For some people in my life that kept plaguing my mind, I had to send an email or text basically saying ‘why are you so batshit crazy’. I was surprised with some of the responses, most I ignored and again I started feeling Supermodel light on the scales.
5. My Desk: I thought I would supply a picture considering this will give you at least 1000 words. People think it’s funny I use Oroton bags to file. Franky I don’t. I just wish they had different colours for different financial years… Which is why I am meeting up with a book keeper tomorrow
Have a fantastic weekend